Australian universities and colleges have an excellent reputation for quality international education with several in the Top 200 Jiao Tong University Ranking. For many students, studying in Australia is about the opportunity to live a unique lifestyle – explore the natural wonders of its oceans and rainforests, enjoy weather like home and the buzz of its cosmopolitan cities.
Whatever your interest, you will find an Australian course and an Australian university or college that suits your needs. English language colleges are located in all major cities, and provide an intensive and fun language experience in an English-speaking country.
World-class research facilities and supervisors provide masters or research students in Australia with access to the very best minds and resources, in a wide range of study areas. Studying in Australia promotes innovative, creative and independent thinking – valued by employers worldwide.
Why Study in Australia
From it’s international reputation for academic excellence to it’s affordable tuition and living expenses Australia has a lot to offer international students.
- Excellent reputation for international education and lifestyle
- Globally-recognised Australian courses and qualifications
- One of the highest standards of living in the world
- A young, friendly, multicultural country with welcoming communities
- Work 20 hours per week or full time during vacations
- Universities in Australia offer affordable tuition and living expenses, compared with many other countries
- Perfect weather for travelling, exploring – and studying!
How much will an Australian education cost?
One of the most important aspects of choosing your study abroad destination is cost. Studying in Australia is more affordable than other options.
- Estimated living expenses – AU$12,000 – $18,000 per year
- Undergraduate course fees on average range from AU$10,000 to AU$16,500 per year.* Graduate course fees on average range from AU$11,000 to AU$18,500 per year.*
- Course duration ranges from 3-4 years for undergraduate courses and 1+ years for postgraduate courses
- Find out useful information about the costs of studying abroad at StudyCostCompare.
*Please note that courses in medicine and some engineering programs will be more expensive than the costs given. See the course descriptions on this site for the most up-to-date course costs.